Saturday, January 07, 2006

Lot's of Games Today

It's been a good couple of game days. Yesterday as I was wiping sleep out of my eyes, I heard my blushing bride say, "Package for Mr. Thomas Cackler!" My games were here! Whoo Hoo! I ripped open the box and it was like Christmas all over again. Look for lots of reviews over the next couple of days.

Then, I met up with Matt from Chimera Games today for some games. We played a couple of games of Ingenious, a couple of games of Hive, and one each of Cartegena and Transamerica. I had a blast. I think Matt had a good time as well and we also had some more good discussion on roleplaying games. Good times.

Then I came home and after supper broke out one of the new games: Jambo. Let me just say that I think I might just have a new favorite two player game. For those unfamiliar with the game, Jambo is a two player game from Rio Grande Games where you take on the role of an African Trader (Jambo = Hello in Swahili [or it means "You drive like a madman" at Disney's Animal Kingdom in Orlando, but I digress]) and try to buy low and sell high the various goods. It's a little bit San Juan, a little bit Settlers of Catan, and a little bit of Puerto Rico (and yes, I know I just listed both San Juan AND Puerto Rico, I know pretty much what I'm doing) . Flat out, it's a great game that I would recommend for anyone to play. The only drawback is that it is only two players, but I am trying to work up a multi player variant (maybe I should just check the Geek).

All in all, it's been a great new year for games (already 10 plays this year!).

Happy Gaming!

1 Comments:

Blogger Thomas said...

That's great, Matt! We need to plan another afternoon of gaming soon...maybe some RPG time this go around!

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home