Saturday, April 30, 2005

Power Grid - Game Report

Okay, remind me never to try new strategies when playing a game...

Julie and I decided to pull out Power Grid tonight. Just in case you don't
know, the two player variant (or rules if you will) is fantastic. It is one
of the best games out there for two or more players. Playing on the US side,
I realized Julie was headed to a few cities I had my eye on. So I gambled
and decided not to power for a round and instead build into three cities.
This was a huge mistake. First, I failed to generate any real income for
three turns. But I was in "the lead" so I couldn't buy my resources cheap
enough to help out. All this led to a glorious win for Julie and a
humiliating defeat for me.

Oh well, I do have a winning strategy. And I will beat her ... next time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home